Friday, May 11, 2007

Another Host Family Change

I can't stop thinking that this host change will be my last. The next time I cram all my stuff into my suitcases, I'll be heading home. No more introductions to new host family members, no more new beds to get used to and new surroundings to explore. This is it. And these past three months have gone by the fastest by far. I just got here at this house! I just introduced myself to these people! All of my stuff isn't even unpacked yet! And yet, I'm leaving on Sunday. And my stay with the next family will be my shortest stay yet. Less than three months. Next month is June! If I was in America, I would be estatic at the ending of the school year. I would be counting down the days. I would be estatic at the signs of my season-long freedom - signs like sunshine and freckles and even end of the year tests. Oh dear. Next month is June. And then July. And I won't tell you what comes after July. It'll be a cliff hanger.

I think I really have changed since I got here. You know, I'm living in Japan. Sweet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

After July:
Mom, Dad, Jonathan, Jeffrey, Christian and Jennika will hug and smooch you like you've been gone a year! Oh wait, that's cuz you have!
we'll set up a projector and watch your slide shows of japan! We'll bbq hamburgers and eat potato salad and swim.
You'll look at Jennika's freckles and marvel at how big everyone got.
You'll sing and enjoy hugging people again.
you'll miss japan. :)

What's your new address...I need to write you!!! Oh, and is that you calling the home phone the last two days?? Leave a message...I heard the phone but didn't get to it in time. If you leave a message, I'll pick up as your talking!!! Call tonight if you can. xo, mom

I LOVE YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh guess what else...

You'll get to meet the new puppy, Hershey! :)

She joined the family on Friday, April 11th.

xox,
mom

Anonymous said...

Oops..one more.
I'll post pictures of the new puppy on myspace. Did you get the ones I sent from the phone via email??

There's a blog entry there about her. No pictures up there yet, but soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
Sounds like you're just loving Japan, that's so awesome. Are you pretty fluent now? That's so awesome that, what an amazing experience!

TTYS!
Faedra

gma said...

OKay now I think I can send this one. I spent so long trying to do this that I forgot what I was going to say-----oh yes--I found a Japanese tape at the library so maybe I can help you keep it up by teaching me the correct way to speak instead of what every I come up with listening to the tapes. Love you can't wait for you.