Thursday, May 25, 2006

Erm, now what?

So I have my family. And they wrote me and everything is just fine. But what in the world do I write them back? I've already introduced myself and my family. Blah blah blah, 17 years old, do martial arts, have a large family, play the cello, blah blah blah. I'm afraid that anything I'm going to write will be breaking some kind of social norm I'm unaware of. Hah, haven't I been taught better than that? Throw yourself into something with all you've got. Go all the way. Don't timidly write a half letter out of fear of doing something wrong. Do everything I can, follow the rules I know, and let them correct me. No problem. So now what? I think I'll ask them questions and tell a little more about myself. I think they were a little overwhelmed though with my last letter. I asked a lot of questions that Hasegawa-san didn't address, so I wonder how much he didn't understand. Probably his daughters have been taking English for years and understood my letter fine though. I'm so anxious! I just want to go!

Oh yeah, and I'm a chopstick failure. So that's why exchange students loose weight - they don't know how to eat! Here we go, eh?

No comments: