Monday, February 05, 2007

Rotary Speech in less than two weeks!!

Okay, here it is, in English and beautified for your viewing purposes. Tell me if you think it sounds too boring or if the transitions are so horrible that even a foreigner couldn't get away with them.


Me: Hello everyone!
Everyone: Hello.
Me: This exchange has thus far been really amazing. Thank you very much. I've been all over Japan and done really fun things.

In September, I went to a concert with Watada no Okaasan and Asukachan. That was fun. We like the same kinds of music! At the concert, I actually got a chance to meet Yamazaki Massayoshi! It was so cool! I think I will marry him. His English was good.

Also, because my school is so close to Toji Temple, every month I see it's exciting bazaar (flea market?). Their are many interesting people and things and smells. It's really fun and so crowded!

I've been to many other temples and shrines as well, including Heianjin, Kodaji, Kinkakuji, Byodoin, Todaiji, Zentsuji Temple, Shimogamo, and many more. My favorite was Kinkajuji. I went in the Fall, so the colors of the trees were beautiful.

With the Rotary district, I went on a trip from Kyoto to Hiroshima. During this three day trip, we saw many many things and stopped at many places. The best parts were Miyajima and Kiroshima. At Miyajima, the shrine was actually in the water. It was so cool and beautiful! Hiroshima taught me a lot and it was an important trip. I went with 12 other exchange students, so it was a lot of fun. Poor Rotarians who were in charge of us! We were a little bit noisy.

With this Rotary Club, I went hiking! There was a 70 year old man! Wow! I am only 18 years old, but I was very tired. I was shocked!

I went to Universal Studios Japan with my host family. Because it was raining a little bit, there weren't many people. I rode every ride! We stayed in a hotel and went again the next morning. It was really great.

After that, I changed families. I am now with the Uedas. In December, they took me to see the illuminariare in Kobe. It was really beautiful! Otoosan wouldn't stop taking pictures. I think that's his hobby. I was surprised at how crowded it was. The whole street was closed for pedestrians (actually, I'll take that part out if I can't say it).

I experienced my first Japanese New Years. We ate a lot! I kept finishing, but more would be given to me! In the night, I went to a shrine with my host sister. In my whole life, I've never been to a more crowded place. It took two hours to walk a very short distance. I like Japan's New Year's much better than America's.

And so far, my favorite place has been... Arashiyama's Monkey Park! That is so cool! I am good friends with the monkeys.

But the most shocking things are everyday activities. In my American town, there are no trains. Here, I take a train everyday to school. I eat octopus for dinner sometimes. I wear a school uniform and bow before every class. My school here is so strict! I do Puricura sometimes. I speak Japanese everyday!

My exchange is only halfway over. It's a good thing. I have so much left to do and see. Very soon, I will go to Disney Land. I will also test for my shodan in kendo on March 4th, climb Mt. Fuji in the summer, and go skiing in Hokkaido very soon.

This exchange is incredible. Thank you very much. I've learned so much and I'm not even finished yet.

Finished.

Gosh, I'm so proud of it in Japanese, but it doesn't look like much in English. Ah well, just take my word for it. It's pretty awesome.

It took me 20 minutes to get through this during my practice runs, but I think with more practice and less stopping to think, I'll be fine on time. I have 15 minutes and I'd also like to show pictures.

Sound okay to you guys?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you'll do wonderfully! which pictures are you going to use?

Anonymous said...

Hi, my name is Cordelia. I'm 14 now, but I've been considering doing a rotary exchange Junior year, and I'd really like to know if you have any tips about how to aply, what they're looking for, what its like etc. My email is terwy38 AT gmail DOT com. Thank you so much in advance!

Diane said...

Very happy to see your speech as it gives a nice snapshot of your year so far. We are hoping our eldest son will be accepted to rotary exchange. We are sending our youngest son to Kumamoto prefecture next month for a 10 day stay. He also studies Kendo and will be attending a Kendo exchange and staying at taragi high school. I would be interested in knowing your found the application process and what tips for success you could recommend. Oneigeishimasu

Anonymous said...

i definitely adore your own posting type, very useful.
don't give up as well as keep writing considering the fact that it just simply truly worth to follow it.
looking forward to find out more and more of your own stories, goodbye!

Anonymous said...

Howdy,

When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here hnicholsh.blogspot.com. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Recent Scientific Research points that almost 70% of all U.S. adults are either obese or overweight[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these people, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

Anonymous said...

bless you, great web-site
how to make blog posts and smash in your visitors:
http://tinyurl.com/yl75u52

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Alice and i am 13 and i want to know if rotary is a realy good exchange program even tho you have to go to meatings and stuff? Ihave been looking into lots of programs like this and i would love your advice! ^-^ thanks