Friday, June 22, 2007

Japanese Grannies

Today I went to a nursing home with my class. It was fun, but one of the Obaasans realized there was a foreigner in the group and called every single granny over to gawk at me. I couldn't stop blushing. "Look how pale she is! And she's from far away! And how precious! Her eyes are blue! Look! Look, it's a real foreigner!" I wonder if I'll miss that when I go home.

Completely off topic, but - It's still a long ways away, but I'm thinking the Peace Corps is next on my agenda. Scratch that. College. Next summer I'll spend home, recuperating I hope, and working. Maybe the next summer I'll be somewhere, if I can afford it. And then my next year (Junior year) I'll do a study abroad program. And then I'll graduate. And then I'll do Peace Corps. And then I'll work and get married and have two beautiful kids, a dog, and a cat (but no bird). I'll have a big yard with a swing set in the back and I'll visit my parents every third weekend. And then I'll become a grandmother and then I'll die. Sounds nice, scratch the dying part. I don't know why anyone didn't think of that before.

No comments: