Tuesday, December 26, 2006

It's hard to believe it's almost January

Today I went to kendo practice only to find I was the only there. It was 9:00 during my winter break. I checked the schedule and it turns out they changed the practice time to 1:00 and I hadn't understood the announcement. A little bit of a bummer. The is the second I went to kendo too early, but the first time was my own fault. I wrote down the time right and they told me right, but I just went at the wrong time. I feel like I shouldn't take offense or be upset. I don't want them to baby me after all. I want to be a part of the club. I feel stupid when they have to take me aside and tell me all the announcements slowly and in words I can understand. But I appreciate it even as I feel stupid. And not knowing Japanese isn't something I'm ashamed of. It's not like I'm not working hard or not trying. Also, I was the only kid at school this morning. That's really rare. There are virtually always clubs practicing, except for on Sundays. During most holidays and even on the week before tests when no club was allowed to practice, there were clubs out there working hard. Something must have been going on this morning that caused all clubs to be postponed or cancelled. I wonder what it is.

Ah well. I'm home now. Going out with friends later this evening. That should be a lot of fun.

No comments: