Friday, December 15, 2006

Owari

I passed. It wasn't too bad. I actually worked out a total of about 20 minutes. I couldn't believe it was so fast. I just did my stuff and that was it. I didn't even do everything I know. At least not one by one. It took a little bit longer because we went in two groups - group A and group B. THe Japanese wasn't too bad either. I understood almost all of it. Besides that Nakai Sensei was there translating for me. But I could have done it without him I'm sure. The best thing is that in the beginning, they told us they had every intention to pass us all and that the main purpose of us being there was to learn kendo. So when anyone messed up, they stopped and helped them. They said they wanted us to walk out of there knowing everything we had to know. After the test, we spent about an hour going over the katas we know piece by piece. That was a little harder to understand, but they allowed Nakai Sensei on the floor to translate, and really I understood more from the visuals than from anything else. It was good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats :-)

--Mike

GeronimoV said...

Good job! Practice hard--kendo's a lifetime study. Have a great time.

Anonymous said...

good job ^_^