Thursday, October 05, 2006

My Intro to Kendo

Wow. Wow. I saw a kendo practice today. Wow. It's intense. And like nothing I've ever done before. I thought "Oh good, kendo. I know a bit of karate, kung fu, judo, and aikido. Surely that'll give me some background in kendo." Yeah, I was wrong. I didn't see a think that made me think, oh I can do this. Actually, I thought that after the practise was over, but not because I knew anything. How would I explain a front punch to someone who doesn't speak my language? It would be a challenge. This is going to be a challenge. I love challenges.

Guility, I have been showing my little host sis a few things, like an outside chest block and backfist. We rough house sometimes and I was getting tired of her swatting my hands away when a good block would do the trick much better, so I showed her a good block. She was excited to learn and it felt good to teach again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi
quickly scanned over ur posts
i think they are quite interesting--another day in a different culture
^__^
anyway,
just to say i like your blogs