Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Leaving

Tomorrow is my last day with the Watadas. Wow, they are so incredibly nice. I'm going to miss them. They already promised to visit me in the States at the first convenient time. Is this summer okay? Oh yeah, you won't have left Japan by then. Yeah, so everyone in the States can meet them hopefully next summer. They're serious. They made me a Pinky Promise. I'm so excited to be the translator for them! Haha, I absolutely love it when people ask me what something is in English. It's such a change of roles. And when Taina was over we spoke mostly English and watched everyone else wonder what we were saying. I think we both felt rude, but we both cherished the feeling of being the only ones that knew what was going on, instead of the other way around. But tomorrow, I'm having a goodbye party and Taina is coming. We're speaking Japanese because I also invited a school friend that in fact speaks Japanese.

So tomorrow, the Watada's are throwing me a goodbye party. Thursday I'm changing families. No school on Thursday. Oh, Thursday is Thanksgiving, isn't it? Geez, that snuck up on me. I guess it's easy to forget it when every store doesn't have dancing turkeys inviting you in. Maybe I should do something for Thanksgiving. Haha, a little late desu ne? I haven't seen one turkey, fake or otherwise, since I left the States. how funny.

Anyways, Saturday, I'm going to Fuchiyama with the kendo club to watch the tournament. I'm excited about that. It should be a lot of fun. Sunday, we're returning and Monday through Friday will be test week, which means I stay home and everyone else goes to school and sweats through tests. I love it here. But when the new school year starts in April, I'm going to ask to be put in regular classes I think. I enjoy only being in art and gym and calligraphy and english, but I'm not sure if that defies the point of being here or not.

So while you guys are all finishing this post and getting ready for bed, I'll be waking up and preparing for my goodbye party. How wierd. And now, I'm going to sleep and you're going to go through a whole day. Yish. Goodnight. Good morning.

No comments: