Saturday, November 18, 2006

Packing

So I'm packing again today. My next host family will be coming to pick me up for lunch at 2, where I will meet them and they will pick up the majority of my luggage. Packing is so wierd. I feel the exact same as I did the last time I packed all my 75 pounds or under wordly belongings in two suitcases. Sad but terribly excited. I'm more nervous this time. I'm going home at the end of the year, but I'm never going to live here again. And so many kids have problems with their host families. What if I do too? But I don't think I will. I'm pretty easy to get along with. So yeah. My belongings are slowly (very slowly) disappearing into my bags and my family is running around preparing the house for the Uedas. I'm finding things everywhere. Shoes. Geez, I came with three pairs of shoes - a pair of flip flops, a pair of tennis shoes, and a pair of heeels. I'm leaving with seven. Yes seven. They were so cheap! And cute! I bought a pair of red checked tennis shoes and two pairs of heels. And then my host aunt gave me another pair that were too big for her. Ugg. How am I going to keep the 75 pounds or under weight limit with a whole year in Japan? I'm not sure.

I like packing very much. It's exciting to think of what's next and appeals to my sense of order.

Okay, I've got an hour and a half to finish. I'd better get on it.

No comments: