Sunday, July 01, 2007

Happy Fourth of July to all, and to all, a good night!

I think I just had a party. No really. And I think it went really well. I'm so tired, but it's a good tired. There were fireworks and friends and good music and lots and lots of laughing. We ate potato salad and hot dogs and sushi and no-bake cookies and doritos. The doritos went fast. So did the drinks. We shared music and stories, and somewhere in the very back of our minds, we couldn't help but come across the notion that in a month, I'll be gone, and they also have to graduate and move on, and we'll never have a day like today again.

I'm so tired. My feet ache, but I'm satisfied all the way through and I have a sort of refreshed energy keeping me awake, forcing me to think and type and smile.

I think my computer has a virus. It's rather annoying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey
My name is Ellen and well this is the 2nd comment Im leaving you but boy do i love reading your blog. Im from Australia and Im 15 and in Japan for 10 months. I only learnt Japanese for 6 months before i came here so speaking is pretty tough. Ive only been here for 3 weeks though.
I have also joined the kendo club which kinda scares me coz its so wild!
Outside of school i have joined karate club because i do karate in australia. these japanese though are amazing and i dont like going that much becoz i suck compared to them and all look at me so much! I have to keep going though because id really like to improve my karate.
Please if u have any tips for me on my exchange email me horset10@hotmail.com
thanks, ellen

Anonymous said...

hey if can can please delete above post since it says my email!!!! thanks