Thursday, July 12, 2007

Typhoon Man-Yi

I hear there will be a level four typhoon sweeping through lovely little Kyoto tomorrow afternoon. I happen to be going to a kendo tournament tomorrow afternoon (same time, same place) right in the middle of the typhoon. Sensei is really determined to go to this tournament (he's practically living for this chance), and when I asked him if we would still go if a typhoon were to come, he glared at me and said, "We'll go if there's a typhoon or a hurricane or an earthquake! We are going to this tournament!" So I'm going to a tournament tomorrow, and if the trains are stopped due to the typhoon, I think we'll probably walk all the way to Osaka, carrying our (heavy) kendo gear all the way. Oh boy.

Oh yeah, I climbed Mt. Fuji. I'll tell you how that went later. It was really fun and really beautiful and really great to be with all my friends. At our last dinner together, I made the toast (in Japanese of course) and it was generally a successful trip. It made me feel good about myself. And then I went back home and the very next day I got swarmed with birthday gifts (oh yeah, I'm 19) and sweets and I knew I was loved.

Oh man, too tired for this. Sorry.

1 comment:

モバゲー said...

全部で15個の設問!約3分程であなたのモバゲー度がまるわかり!素人か玄人か診断します!